The abiliti system could be right for you if your body mass index (BMI) is 35 to 55.
If you have avoided weight loss procedures such as gastric bypass and gastric banding because of concerns about safety and quality of life, you may want to learn more about the abiliti system and what makes it different:
- The abiliti system may help you lose weight without many of the long-term side effects reported with other procedures, including gastric bypass and gastric banding.
- The abiliti procedure is simple and safe. It is fully reversible and leaves no significant scars.
- The abiliti system doesn't restrict what you eat or what you do.
- Short-term or long-term surgical complications are very uncommon.
- The abiliti system helps you gain a better understanding of your eating, drinking, and exercise patterns through detailed recording of these activities. You and your doctor can use this understanding to change these behavior patterns and support a healthier, thinner you.
How much does the procedure cost?
The abiliti procedure is similar in cost to gastric bypass surgery. For details on cost, contact a surgeon or physician who performs the abiliti procedure.